May be you like to hire me …
Are you in need of a professional for camerawork and/or editing? Do you share my love for intimate, delicate stories captured beautifully? I might be able to help. What I need is your unyielding heartbeat for the assignment too. I will help you liberate the story and translate that into a lucid, well thought out film. My attitude in life and thus in filming is that if I can imagine it, I am going to be able to do it. Even if that means going to places I haven’t been before. In this respect my heartbeat is a strong sign of my involvement.
Before you say yes: WAIT
Sometimes doing business is similar to dating. So this is where I stand: I will truly tell you if I feel a sparkle for your project or not. If I feel hesitation I’m honouring that. And I suggest you do the same! Because before you say yes there might be a very good reason to say no. Even though creative work can be an unlimited source of joy, synergy and inspiration I learned over the years that we need to create certain conditions to ensure perfect outcomes. Quality is never a coincidence. Let me say that again: quality is never a coincidence. Succes is 90% preparation and this page is my way of taking responsibility for the quality of my work.
If you like to hire me, we could be a PERFECT fit for each other IF:
1) You are in need of a camerawoman who knows how to make professional film (or item) that tells a true story;
2) You like and trust me + you are familiar with my work;
3) You know what you need and you are able to communicate that concretely (or if you don’t know you are willing to surrender to my creativity and expertise);
4) You’ve clearly decided upfront about the amount of control you want over the outcome of the film (how many rounds of notes).
You and I will not be a fit IF:
1) We will not be a fit if you are unclear what you need from me;
2) We will not be a fit if you want to have a professional (= high quality) film for a ‘student price’.
3) And of course we will not be a fit if you are not ready to see yourself on film.
“Carolien, how much does a film production cost?”
“Well, what is the price of a house?”
If you like to hire me, then these are my fees: rates that are a sign of a healthy management from a professional supplier you can rely on. Prices are ex VAT. The sum of the time spent is rounded to the nearest half hour.
* Euro 595 – 995,- ± per day (camera, ex fixed fees)
* Euro 495 – 695,- ± per day (editing, ex fixed fees)
* Euro 0,0 for a general proposal
* Euro 30,- per hour for a meeting + writing a detailed proposal
* Euro 0.60 travel expenses per kilometer
* Euro 30,- per hour travel time (using regular time tables)
* Euro 100,- starting fee on location
* Euro 0,0 for one round of notes (= some extra editing, to take out a small scene or to add one)
* Euro 150,- for second round of notes
* Euro 450,- for third round of notes
Contact me here: sayhello [at] odinproductions.nl